Card Recognition

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Merry Christmas card




Happy last day of August!  Why am I making a Christmas card?  The train of thought went like this, "Oh doesn't the WPlus9 stamp image work well for the CASology challenge and the CAS(E) this sketch challenge" and then I accidentally used the Happy Holidays stamp from PTI Postmarked and it had to go holiday…. so thanks to Lynn's Festive Friday reminder I decided to pull out a piece of Coredinations and sand away (the amazing thing about cleaning your craft space is you find tools like your sand it set and put it somewhere where you might find it again).  And since my ribbon stash is also super organized I had to add a little May Arts love to the card (even if it meant I was straying away from the sketch).

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the stream of consciousness...can totally see how this fabulous card came together. Thanks for playing with us at Festive Friday! xx

Ardyth said...

Wow - I love how you've captured the feel of the inspiration photo! So glad you joined us at CASology and Festive Friday!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin!! I love your Christmas card. That stamp is amazing. The colors are excellent too. Great job.

Jen W. said...

Love when those mistakes lead to a work of art! Such a cool Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Taunya Butler said...

This is indeed a work of heart and I am so pleased for you that it meets so many challenges!! That is awesome and this card is indeed beautiful!!

~amy~ said...

Nice, I hope to work on holiday cards this month.

Geri said...

Wow...what a nice combination of these challenge inspirations! LOVE the natural feel of your card...It's lovely!!! So glad you could join us at Festive Friday!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this, Erin! Fabulous take on the sketch!