Card Recognition

Sunday, June 22, 2014

rise above it all


Happy Sunday crafty peeps.  I wanted to play along with the latest CASE Study challenge and went I went digging for the sky scrapper die cuts Lynn sent me earlier this year, they were no where to be found (that is not your hint to remind me to clean my craft room).  So I went looking through the bins of stamps that I tend to ignore (b/c they're buried under a stack of other things) and found this Unity set which is PERFECT and had never been inked (I know, I know).  So here's a simply shaped card and I think the sentiment is so perfect.  I'm super excited to share some photos from yesterday's big soapbox derby event-- I'll have the photos up on my work blog soon, but three cheers for us-- we won Crowd Favorite for our Minion row boat, woo hoo!

*Edited to say, thanks to Lynn's suggestion, I'm linking this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge (Never Been Used Schtuff).

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun shaped card...great image to use for the CASE study challenge!

Congrats again!!!!

Lynn said...

You need to enter this over in Darnell's NBUS challenge! Love your fun little city scene!

Jean said...

What a lovely scene! Cute card.

Darnell J Knauss said...

I've never seen that stamp used on anyone's card before, Erin, and I'm wondering why because it is fantastic!! Such a awesome and delightful scene you have created to lift someone's spirits!

Thanks to Lynn for steering you my way and thanks to you for joining in my NBUS Challenge! I appreciate it!! Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

Anja (scrappie) said...

Lovely card great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us over at case study challenge.

Jeanne J said...

Wonderful positive message! Lots of fun little details too, the shaped card, the colored sky, and the cool shape of the stamp!

Lyn Wallan-Smith said...

Spotted your card on NBUS and had to drop by and tell you how I really love your card. I love how you coloured your sky.