Card Recognition

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 wine bottle tag and thank you card


Cheers!  It's New Year's Eve and I couldn't end the year without a special wine tag, right?  I have all these fun numbers die cut out on my floor (b/c yes I craft on the floor) and when trying to figure out what to do with them I decided to use the negative from the PTI numbers.  I added some DVWV glitter paper at an angle for the latest PTI Make It Monday challenge.  Simple, but it has a sparkle to it.  And I made the below thank you card with the unrealistic idea that I could hand make all my thank you cards in a timely manner, and then the light bulb went off this morning, I'm going to send my family thank you postcards (click here to see the set I designed with photos from my work blog).  So while I love the below card, I'm not going to make 10 more.  I used the latest CAS(E) this sketch as my source of inspiration.  I hope you all have a safe and fabulous New Year's.  I have one more very busy day at work, and I really need to make a special little person's birthday card... better get on that project.    

6 comments:

Amy Papale said...

Love the wine bottle tag! I love how you used the negative die cut!! The thank you card it pretty as well. I am starting to branch out into vellum. For some reason I never quite new what to do with it before LOL!

Lynn said...

Hope the birthday present has been purchased and that you get some relaxation today my friend. Love the damask background on your thank you card. Happy, happy new year!

~amy~ said...

awesome.
Happy New Year!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are lovely! I especially love the wine bottle tag!

Sian Ridley said...

The wine bottle tag is super, but this card is simply stunning! I'm a bit of a damask junkie so that appealed right away, but the vellum, the glitter and the palette you've used just tipped it over the edge for me - gorgeous!! :)

jen said...

Adore that glitter base! And beautiful card- but I bet your family will really love your gorgeous postcards!!!