Card Recognition

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Congrats, thanks and wedding photos


This week's Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge is a one layer card.  


My friend Jen has a guest challenge up at Club CK, so I had to play along to show my blogging pal support.  Plus, since I have left over May Arts ribbon from the wedding, I figured that'd be a good way to use some of it up.  I really wanted to take a photo of the pine cones hanging off the chairs at the ceremony with this May Arts ribbon, but my bridesmaid duties prevented me from getting the photo opp, so sorry ladies-- it looked great.  And I also used the new challenge over at Do More With Less, "Rock and Roll", fun to try to spruce up the trees with several different ink colors.  I then spritzed the whole sheet in perfect pearls because the wedding had a total blizzard, so I thought my sister would like the shimmery effect.  (She liked this card, but really wants a fat stack of one layer cards that wont require extra postage... but that's not what I was inspired to do this morning).

But since a number of you have been sending your morale support for my crafty agendas for the wedding, here are a few fun photos.  Can you figure out which feet are mine in the snowy boot photo?



And because the fabulous Jen made us beautiful flowers for the wedding I had to share a couple of photos of them in action.


And one last crafty project for the day.  Mr. Ben was so excited that Emily included a little goodie for him from my Do More With Less challenge win, that he wanted to play along with Michelle's Neon challenge at Do More With Less.

Materials: Waltzingmouse Big Blooms, PTI Think Big Favorites, My Mind's Eye rhinestones, Martha Stewart score pad, Versafine black ink, water color pencils, PTI cream card stock

Many Thanks: Waltzingmouse Stamps Frame It, Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder, PTI kraft and cream card stock, May Arts and PTI ribbon, Versafine black ink, Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder, Perfect Pearls, Stazon Cactus ink, PTI simply chartreuse ink, Tim Holtz distress ink shabby shutters

19 comments:

Marybeth said...

Beautiful photos and I love your CAS one layer card! Nope, I cant guess which feet are yours….:)

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful photos, Erin! Looks like a FUN time!!! I'm guessing you are 3rd from the left in the snow boots photo???

~amy~ said...

Such a fun post! Love your card and Mr. Ben's card too:) It looks like the wedding and festivities were a ginormous hit! Hmmm....no idea which are your snow boots....how about 2nd from the left?

Jean Martin said...

Great pics! Love your CAS card! It's so elegant! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Michelle Hernandez said...

Love the pink and turquoise color combo! Thanks for taking the Neon challenge at Do More With Less!

Chunyuan said...

fabulous photos, Erin. I guess your feet are in the middle. Not sure which one.

Beautiful cards. Thanks for participanting the Rock-and-roll challenge at Do more with less.

yyam said...

Looks like a fabulous wedding celebration!

Love your card using the rock and roll inking technique!

And great job Mr Ben! Love that you went bold with those neon colours! Awesome work! I love the owl!

Kelly S. said...

Oh awesome pictures! Love the card, love the hair :) And cute little Ben in his dapper knit hat! Ben that is such a sweet owl card!! Of all the neon colors, PINK is most definitely MY favorite!

Kelly S. said...

PS..I am thinking you are the boots with the pretty navy skirt all the way to the right :)

jen said...

Yes, you ROCK! Thanks for playing in the ck challenge- excellent use of excellent ribbon! Love the one layer too! Ben- I adore your neon card! Love the window you created too! The flowers look fabulous- so glad they could be used! And I won't give away which boots are yours...! ;)

Karen B. said...

Lovely cards Erin, and the photos too! Your card is fabulous Ben!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love the congrats above the flat yet coloured doily motifs FUN!!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful one layer card for the WMS challenge - love the doily stampings - and what fun pics of what looks like a fabulous wedding celebration!

Love Ben's bright owl card too! - nice job Ben!

Jen W. said...

Love the rock and roll trees and the ribbon peeking our from behind the woodgrain. Glad the wedding went well despite the snowstorm (?!?). Love the boot photo. :)

Rose said...

oh i think Ben's card is CUTE!!!! love the owl. (watch out as Amy loves owls! lol)

fab wedding photos. think your the one in the black boots with red laces :)

both cards are beautiful, the first is my fav :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful cards, Erin! I especially love the one with the ribbon flags. You and your sister are gorgeous (I love your new profile pic, too)! The boots in the snow are so cute. :D

Super Jen said...

The scoring on your one layer card makes a nice frame.

Wida said...

I love your hair!!!!!!

C said...

Now that's one busy post. Waving hi from PIP and May Arts!