Card Recognition

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Letterpress Cards


Hello.  So the fabulous ~amy~ tempted me with her unused Lifestyle Crafts Letterpress and I couldn't say no.  I've done a lot of fun things with the faux letterpress technique (click here for a tutorial I did for Do More With Less)... but girls... I'm in trouble-- the real letterpress technique makes me giddy.  This card is for the Moxie Fab World "Winter Blues" challenge.


Some friends just had a baby boy-- so why not send them a non-blue card?  I used this week's CR84FN colors.  I've done a loose take on the Authentique sketch and I'm just sneaking in this with a tiny bit of time to spare.



And this my friends would be the DH's card for our friends' new baby.  I'm sharing this for Emily who often talks about her husband's crafting and I've told mine that he should make me a card from time to time and he always declines.  Well, my new tool had him intrigued.  I have a feeling you'll be seeing more of my new letterpress...

Materials: PTI Warm Happiness Too stamp and die, Life Style Crafts letterpress, Authentique gathering patterened paper,  black card stockstock, Versafine black ink, Life Style letterpress ink silver and black, PTI white card stock

Congratulations: Lifestyle Crafts letterpress,  Authentique patterened paper, PTI kraft card stock, Coredinations card stock

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Well....wahooooooooo!!!!! Way to rock the new toy girl!!!! All of them are oh so super fab....and a big shout out to the hubby!!!!! That stuff is in a much better place with you than being horrible neglected by me!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, are you trying to enable me with the letterpressing, too? :P These are gorgeous! Hooray for you getting the hubby to craft. Tell him his card is awesome!!

Lynn said...

Stop! I stare at the letter press stuff every time I go into Archiver's...I have managed to stay away from this, but you are not helping :)! I love the cards you made and that your hubby got in on the action too!

yyam said...

Oh man, I've been tempted for a long time! These are fabulous Erin...glad the man wants to be involved now...it's always a tool thing eh? lol

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful cards! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Sylvia said...

Love both cards, Erin, so happy you have a new toy to play with! so glad it intrigued your husband as well. Have a wonderful Leap Day!

jen said...

Stop it.
You KNEW I'd love these! Add that to the list of things I'll need to play with when I visit...! ;)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I'm so jealous that you can do letterpress! I can't wait to see what else you create with it!

Emily Keaton said...

Your letterpress creations (and your hubby's, as well!) are way cool, Erin! Looks like you both had some fun with these. :)

Deborah Frings said...

I love the baby card - the depth of the press is super! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Rose said...

looks like you got a fantastic new toy!! fab cards and a high five to hubby for the perfect CAS card!! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Erin1 Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)